The purpose of the society is:
Codes of Conduct
All members of the society agree:
- To make available the opportunity for the exchange of news, techniques, and ideas between association members to encourage a high standard of competence and conduct for the benefit and advancement of the profession of Bartending in Canada.
- To encourage the standardization of established and new mixed drink recipes.
- To establish an apprenticeship program led by CPBA sanctioned members.
- To endorse and promote educational facilities and courses for bartending.
- To provide educational seminars and workshops for employers to encourage staff development and competence in the profession of bartending.
- To provide a web-based resource for the further education and advancement of CPBA members.
- To promote a close relationship and liason between the association members and respective provincial liquor licensing bodies.
- To host an annual bartending competition, open to all CPBA members.
- To uphold the CPBA constitution both in spirit and in practice at their respective workplaces.
- To uphold these standards while representing the CPBA at hospitality industry events or competitions, and while patronizing other establishments both locally and abroad.
- To encourage and support fellow members in the common pursuit of knowledge, advancement and development in the bartending profession in Canada.
- To abstain from driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and to take reasonable steps to prevent others from getting behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
- All memberships are subject to review by the CPBA committee as circumstances or events dictate.
- CPBA memberships/renewals can be denied, suspended, or revoked without refund or notice if deemed necessary by a majority vote of the CPBA committee at an official CPBA meeting.